Supplements are another important element to my New Year’s Resolution project. But, I know myself and if I start out taking too many I will quit, because I don’t like taking pills. So, this is what I find important to take for my body every morning, without fail:
- Green Tea, which is known for its potential to fight cancer and heart disease, and may lower cholesterol, burn fat, prevent diabetes and more. I drink it after my V-8 every morning. The best-tasting and the least expensive green tea I’ve found is available for sale at Celeslie’s.
- Juice Plus+, a whole food based product that provides a wide array of nutrients found in a variety of fruits, vegetables, and grains. I take it because although I eat fruits and vegetables, I don’t eat kale or greens or turnips, or certain fruits I’ve never heard of that our bodies need, and I never will eat them. You can learn more and order your own supply through our website at www.celesliesjuiceplus.com.
- Sasco Peak Performance Energizer, a fabulous natural product available at Celeslie’s that I find really works well to combat muscle weakness. It also gives me energy without any side effects.
- Potassium, a mineral that is necessary for my kidneys, and other organs to work properly, this supplement is known to help prevent high blood pressure, digestive problems, and more.
- Resveratrol, an antioxidant that is commonly found in many plants such as grapes and blueberries. I take it for its anti-aging and cancer prevention benefits.
- Biotin for strong hair and nails. It makes my hair grow really fast. A person’s aging shows in their hair, that’s why a really good shampoo and conditioner are also needed. I use AVEDA Be Curly, because I’ve found that it gives my hair the most shine. Both are available at Celeslie’s.
- Baby Aspirin to thin my blood and help prevent a heart attack or stroke.
- Mega Red Fish Oil, which contains Omega-3 fatty acids, to reduce pain, dry eyes and lower my risk of heart disease.
- Vitamin D, which aids in the absorption of calcium and helps my body to maintain strong bones.
- Probiotics, which can treat infections and inflammation, and help regulate my digestion. I take one probiotics tablet daily and prefer the refrigerated ones because they contain live cultures instead of dried. The intestinal tract is a finely balanced ecosystem and probiotics help keep it balanced. A growing body of evidence suggests that you can treat, and even prevent some illnesses with certain kinds of live bacteria. And with Clostridium difficile (C-dif) infections rampant in hospitals it’s good to have your intestines healthy and able to fight infections!
The bottom line is to do your own research and check what’s available at your local health food store. Most importantly, ask your physician which, if any, supplements are right for you.
Next time we will get into, as my husband calls it, my “weirdo stuff.”